Saturday 10 March 2007

This and that

Saw this on Vixen's blog and just had to share. Brought tears to my eyes





While I was watching this and wailing, Lopes starts calling me from her bed saying "My nose is running" That made me laugh. She has this viral cough, cold thing. After a year of Harry Belafonte's Try to remember" as her bedtime song, we have found a new one. A friend sent the song to my phone and it is playing in an infinite loop on my phone as we speak in Lopes room.




Ahh. Just found the Harry Belafonte film of Try to Remember on Youtube. Quite strange. This was the first time I heard the song on the Night of a 100 stars. I was 10 years old. Off to bed before I put all my favourite songs in one post!



PS. Played the youtube video of the Harry Belafonte song for Lopes this morning. The smile on her face just makes the last 2 sleepless nights worth it :)

4 comments:

Roz said...

...i really should go to bed.

not before saying, I have a lot of time for the singer PINK, I keep telling my 10 year old daugther that I'm happy 4 PINK to be her pop idol any day - have you guys seen her video 'stupid girl' And this one about the president - FANTASTIC.

Oh the cuppycake girl is soooo cute.

Checked out the website, me's thinking I can hook up with you on a few things there to do with my business!

Oh and I read Vixan's post on PINK's video, oh how I laughed at the two words she wrote! Maybe she should translate them!

Unknown said...

Hey Kemi,
Remember the new year resolutions? Driving Lessons and stuff - Update Please!!

JD said...

My My. That pink video is so powerful. The scene with the little boy looking after the baby scared me. the possibility that my child could have been born into that situation but instead God blessed me with him.

JD said...

please post the words of the song. I really want to teach my LO also