Thursday 5 June 2008

Tolu's prayer

Tolu's prayer;


Please Jesus, you know how to drive. Help my mummy to drive because you have Daddy power.

There you have it. I am sorted for my first driving lesson tomorrow morning at 8am. I will report on my progress. As Dr Naaps said, morons drive so there is hope for me :)

Have been great and having fun sorting out Tolu's room and putting up new pink curtains and things. You see, before she was born, we were so sure we were having a boy that we put up dark blue curtains. Well thankfully we had a girl (I would advise all to pray for a girl as a first child) and she has firmly decided her favourite colour is pink. She liked purple, then yellow and orange and has now settled on pink and gold. So the carpet has been washed, curtains up and we are putting up massive flower stickers on the walls as my mural artwork leaves a lot to be desired.

I spy the sun and as I have been instructed by Hassan the gardener to water the plants, we are off in wellies and raincoat so Tolu can have a splash.

Diet update.
Starting weight 102kg (all in the backside and tummy) Have spindly legs and it's a wonder I don't fall over backwards.
Fell off wagon, gained 2kgs, Back on wagon lost 1kgs. Net loss 9kgs.
Current weight 93kgs
Target for end of July 85kgs.

I would never have believed that I would put actual figures up here, but what the hey. It's all good.

Driving update

Honest, I am not making it up. Received a text from the driving instructor on Friday morning that her grandfather passed away during the night. Really wanted to have gotten it over and done with as I did not really sleep due to the nerves. You would think I was going for a test and not a lesson.

7 comments:

archiwiz said...

That was a beautiful prayer by your daughter.

Great job on the weight loss I guess its a good thing that I came across your blog because I became quite depressed over my weights looks last night and I pretty much threw in the towel. Nor I'm more encouraged. Thank you.

Naapali said...

Congratulations. I know it is not easy and will continue to encourage you. Well done and keep it up.

Remember Lopes gets the cupcakes.

Chari said...

hehehehhe....nice prayer!

You are making progress...keep it going blogville is behind u!

Christian Writer said...

What?! You've started the driving lessons! Somebody, anybody, quick, call the brigades. Mama Lopes is on the loose!

Afrobabe said...

Lol @ not making the driving test thingy up..
I don’t drive either shame for someone who grew up with 3 cars at home..
One day I will conquer.
Congrats on the weight loss, wish I had the zeal…

Anonymous said...

BLOGVILLE IDOL 08 is coming soon..please check my blog for more details

KemiMamaLopes said...

@archwiz. Thanks for stopping by and your encouragement. Do not throw in the towel. Have done that so many times and have always ended up more depressed. Have never been happier in a long time.

@naapali. Have only had one cupcake in a month. It called my name at a school fete.

@charizard. Thanks for stopping by and the support.

@CW. Watch out Speedy is about.

@Afrobabe. If I have the zeal, anyone can get it :)