Tuesday 22 July 2008

Why can't I think of a catchy title?

Lopes and I managed just fine without BabaLopes for the week but my mum called me everyday to check we were okay :) Not sure if absence makes the heart grow fonder but it's early days yet. The downside is the lack of good sleep. Since I am the only one at home, I feel I have to be able to hear if Lopes needs me, so I don't really sleep well. On Wednesday the driving instructor made me go home to bed after driving for an hour. So in the last week, I have spent all my money on taxis and so happy that the driving is coming along nicely. I just need to drive a bit more slowly and pay more attention to other road users. I blame my Nigerian pomposity, my attitude to other drivers is "Do you know who I am?"

I drew up a food timetable for Lopes as I sometimes run out of ideas and find we are eating the same things. It is an excellent idea, even if I say so myself. Means I can plan ahead and she gets to expand her food field for want of a better description.


Went to the shops today to shop for a dress for a wedding we are going to on Saturday and returned with one cake for Lopes' last day at nursery, a new pair of shoes for Lopes for school and some mini bagels for Lopes. Get the picture?? Nothing for me, not even a dress. Yikes what am I going to wear? We decided to have a meal at the shopping centre and Lopes spied the McDonalds sign and then the pizza hut sign. I decided that we needed to up the culture stakes so went to a grill like place where she could get wholesome burgers and I could get some low carb food. The homemade burger arrived and Lopes took one sniff of it and said "We are going to McDonalds next time" Serves me right. She could have had a happy meal with a fruit bags and I would have had my grilled chicken salad.

Weight update
Start 102ks
27 May 93kgs
26 June 92.8kgs
10 July 90kgs.
20 July 89kgs.

Slowing down now so I need to up the exercise.

So all in all, a good few days. Off to curl up in bed with the telephone. Thank God it only cost 0.5p a minute to call BabaLopes.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmnnnnn.........

Christian Writer said...

I still maintain, the day I see you hurtling on the motorway in my part of London, I will call the Highway Agency. Finish.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

hey you? How una dey?

ibiluv said...

really proud of you......13 kgs in 2 months.......my cuz needs this kinda discipline...........

Simi Speaks said...

congrats on the weight process!!! glad to hear u guys are doing great!

Shubby Doo said...

lol@ do you know who am i? good luck with the driving.

it is always the way...thinking 1st of your daughter...not surprised you forgot your dress.

If you ever want to loose weight buy the book food doctor by ian marber. by following a few simply rules you can enjoy a lot of foods...plus you get to eat up to 5 times a day. only think is you must exercise 3 times a week for 20mins...i'm sure running after you baby girls counts.

p.s
thanks for stopping over at mine

archiwiz said...

Ohhhh...why can't I be like you? You have done very very well mamalopes.

And why did the driving instructor make you go to bed after one hour? :)...Did you exert yourself too much?

Naapali said...

awwww. Cherish these times together for as Lopes grows older people will envy the closeness between both of you.

Glad to see the driving is coming along and the weight is coming off.

You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Good luck in your up coming test cant wait.
p.s christian writer cant talk, I still shake when i see her behind a will. LOL
- JD

Anonymous said...

p.p.s - looks like having baby num 2, took the last of my spelling abilities. Thank God I have proof of going to a great school and proof of my degree.
-jd

KemiMamaLopes said...

@CG. Old gal, how you dey
@CW. You wait till next week. Highways agency ko
@SSD. We are all good
@ibiluv. Thank you so much
@simi. Thanks me dearie. Over to your soon.
@ shubby. Will have a look for the book. Thanks
@archiwiz. Be careful what you wish for :) Was sent home because I was half asleep and in danger of killing someone.
@naapali. Thanks doc.
@JD.Pele.Brain cells never recover :)