Thursday 28 August 2008

Home Alone :)

Home Alone Diary.

Dropped Lopes at my sister's place on Tuesday evening after a mad dash day which started with my last driving lesson before my test on Thursday. Had to take Lopes with me as my childcare plans were thrown awry by good GSCE results for my niece. She decided to go for a party weekend. (Congrats to ZR and DD for excellent results)

So came back home and sat in the very untidy sitting room as we left in a rush. Caught up on phone calls and had dinner with an alcoholic drink and watched all the CSIs and Law and order. Fell asleep with my cordless headphones on. You must understand that I do not drink most times and never at home unless it's kind of social and never, ever when home with Lopes as I am the world's cheapest drunk and get inebriated by the vapours alone!

Woke up on Wednesday morning when the newspaper boy delivered the papers and actually read it from cover to cover for the first time in ages. Had a slice toast in bed complete with crumbs and then went back to bed. And then did absolutely nothing all day.

I think every Mum needs to declare one week a year, Mum Home Alone Week. Great to recharge batteries and just regroup before you start running on empty.

Thursday dawned and off to the test. Jitters, jitters and even more jitters. 40 minutes later and I could kiss the very patient examiner. I passed. Off to upgrade car insurance and revel in the fact that I can drive my daughter to school for her first day. Thank you, God.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! No mention of your in-house 'prophetess' and the prophetic word of God concerning your driving test? Tut tut tut

Christian Writer said...

She passed? I'm still not eating my words!

Azuka said...

Not just every Mum -- every person needs a week off :-D

Simi Speaks said...

awwwww. 1st congrats on passing!

2nd, i second u on the week off mantra.. boy, do we need it! :-)

how have u been? How is MamaKems doing?

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

yay! congrats!!!!

And as for that mum alone week, I am definitely feeling that!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! MamaLopes.

Told myself will take mine b4 d end of the yr so I can stop fretting each time a patrol car passes me or is behind me. Still dithering.......