Thursday 10 May 2007

Best Birthday ever

I know I have been useless with updating....

Anyway, was my birthday on the 28th of April and after my introspection and annual introspection, I settled to having a nice day. We all went out for lunch at Mama Calabar with the inlaws and Tolu. Nice food but slow service. Got loads of phone calls from around the world, and felt a bit of a star.

Best present was being whisked to the Hilton for Dinner, Bed and Breakfast. I simply love hotels and could live in one for ever. Love the decadence of fresh sheets everyday and food on tap. My husband says I don't need to fly out for holidays as my ideal is peace, quite, good books and room service and I can get that at any hotel in the UK!So dropped my daughter at her favourite cousin's house and went off to the hotel. Resurfaced the next afternoon and felt all was well with the world. Time out was great for DH and I to talk loads and sort out a lot of stuff.

Funny thing about hotels. We were running a bit late for check in so I told DH to go ahead and check in and then we can go back later. Oh no, he refused to fall for that. Apparently, I love hotels too much and the mere thought that he might accept a substandard room was too much to bear. When we go into hotel rooms, DH is always a few steps behind and is usually preparing to turn round and leave as he is sure I will ask for another room as that one is not good enough. I admit to being a bit of a nice hotel room freak but all I want are clean floors, no dust/grime on the window sill, and definitely no mildew in the bath grouting which must be gleaming. Also good temperature control, not too hot and not too cold. Now that's not too much to ask??


So loads of high points and one low point. Seeing my behind in the hotel mirror. Yikes! Must do something about the increase soon. Not pretty!

So I am back and in the meantime, have gone to some family parties, had a new addition to the extended family; new baby son for DH's closest friend and life has plodded on.

How have you all been?

2 comments:

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Happy belated bday! Like you I'm a hotel person, my husband can't stand it. lol!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and adding me to your blog roll!

Unknown said...

Glad you had a lovely time. Happy Birthday once again.

So loads of high points and one low point. Seeing my behind in the hotel mirror. Yikes! Must do something about the increase soon. Not pretty! - LOL!!!