Sunday 2 December 2007

4 years ago

4 years ago at 7.11am on the 2nd of December, Lopes was born. And here we are, stretched knee ligament, hole in the heart all gone. See here for the summary

Lopes has been planning her party since the beginning of the year and at one point, I had to ban her from talking about it as she talked about it every day. And that was not once a day either.

She wanted a doctor cake as she had decided she wants to be a doctor when she grows up. I have tried to talk her out of it, but no joy. Anyway, the love for Dora has polluted that a bit as she wanted a Dora cake but it had to be a Dr. Dora cake with a stethoscope". Passed all the info to our resident blog ville Mama Oni cake and she did us very proud.

It was confirmed that her nursery would close for good on Friday so this was our birthday and nursery Christmas party as all her nursery friends came. A good day was had by all, Lopes got oodles of presents from all her resident aunties and friends and we came home to a small open house, with rice and stew very plenty, for those who could not make it. I love my caterer, if anybody in North London wants an excellent caterer, let me know. (She puts panla(stockfish), in her efo soup, Need I say more)

I did not actually shop for a present for Lopes this year, as she has loads of things and gets something at least every 2 - 3 weeks. Her dad went out shopping for presents the night before! My present for Lopes is a promise to appreciate the small things, listen and not just hear her and an even greater promise to count to 10 before I react.

Very tired at the moment. Feel I am coming down with something, No I am not pregnant. as some have been implying, just a bit run down. Off to bed now and so glad that due to the nursery closure, I get to have a lie in. Who said God has not ordered my life :)

Next week, we will be vegetating, working from home and trying to find a new nursery. We will probably not try very hard but we will try sha. I will also get my hair done, do lunch with the ladies and relish spending time with Lopes. I am sure I was made to be a kept woman :)

I really hope work don't call me early tomorrow morning as I am sure I won't have head for figures tomorrow. Have a great week and may this last month of the year be the best yet and may all you have been waiting for and hoped for this year, come to pass. Though it tarry, it will come.

3 comments:

anevisa said...

Happy for you and Lopes.
Dont worry about figures...old habits die hard.
Anyways, enjoy the rest of the year as it comes.

Naapali said...

Congratulations to you, Lopes and of course your DH. He sounds like me except I buy presents on the day (and sometimes day after sef). I really like what you said about taking time out to listen. I am so guilty of nodding my head whilst not hearing anything. It must be an age thing cos I hated my dad doing it.

KemiMamaLopes said...

@simplynuttie. Thanks for stopping by. We made your biscuits but quality control did not pass them. More baking soon.

@naapali. She got so many presents were got away with hiding some. Still trying to listen. I do the nodding head as well and Lopes hates it already.