Friday 30 November 2007

Thirty days of Thanksgiving - Day 30

I was tagged by Naapali. My very first tag!

I am thankful for life. Sounds corny but I have life, I have hope. I am thankful for all the things I can do without thinking about it. Talking, walking, sleeping, eating, even thinking.

I am thankful for Baba Lopes. In him, I have found the one in whom my soul delights. Not the perfect finished article but work in progress. And I have the certainty that the finished article will the perfect.

I am thankful for Lopes. I am thankful for my daughter, the one born at 5lbs 12oz, almost a week late, with a hole in the heart is whole. he will be 4 on Sunday. Thankful that she sleeps through the night in her own bed, in her own room, eats some of her fruits and vegetables, thankful that the I am walking in the light I spied at the end of the tunnel of sleepless nights when she was born. I am thankful that God answered our prayers that she should take the best of both parents and that God should fill in the gaps. Thankful that out of the blue, she will come and give me a hug and a kiss and say, I love you Mummy" Thankful that her favourite food is eba and yellow soup (ogbono) and it takes 5 minutes to make.

I am thankful for where I am now. Though it might not be where I want to be, it is a mighty fine place to be in life and the expectancy of hope will never be dimmed.

I am thankful for Mama and Papa Kemi for the example they have shown that 2 people who love and care for each other can still separate acrimoniously and the reminder it serves that talking is the most important thing in a relationship.

Thankful for my band of sisters. Such different characters and my position as the last born has trained me in the art of conciliation and diplomacy such that I could be an international peacekeeper.

I am thankful for my network of friends, those that tell it as it is with no sparing of feelings because they know that it will benefit us. I am thankful that they are not many but pack an amazing punch.

I am thankful for knowing to be thankful. There is nothing worse than ingratitude and not recognising that blessings abound.

1 comment:

Naapali said...

I am thankful for you also. Appears Lopes is one year and one week older than my Kinetics. Anyways, off to read Kinetics to bed.