Saturday 23 February 2008

Mummy, God is a Girl

As I had been a bit busy over the last few days and did not spend loads of times with Lopes, I decided to veg out this morning. Also nursing a mini headache due to falling of my lower carb wagon with a whole heap of dim sum and cocktails. I could never hold my liqueur, but one cocktail is all it took. I digress.

Anyway we were listening to our fave DVD set given to us by Aunty Ramiji (my friend Ramota who absolutely loves Bollywood, another post), "100 Sing along songs for Kids", a mix of nursery and Sunday school songs and the song "He's got the whole world in his hand" came on. While trying to explain the concept that God is all powerful and has it all under control, Lopes said "Mummy, God is a girl" while pointing at the girl singing. My little feminist!

While watching, my friend knocked on the door with a steaming bowl of Ogbono/Spinach and stockfish stew. I need to learn more non-Yoruba stews, so please point me in the right direction or at least offer to cook it for me.

So, I have been clearing out the house. If I did not know better, I would say I was nesting but it's fun to clear all the junk and clean all surfaces. Getting there and finally accepting that BabaLopes and I are pack rats. But the man is the one with two wardrobes while Lopes and I have one each. I refuse to tell you how many pairs of trousers I counted in BabaLopes' stash. Hmm.

Back garden all clear of BabaLopes shed rejects. Got Mr Hassan to come and cart them away before BabaLopes changed his mind or saw through my cunning plan to have it all clear in time for the first glimpse of sunshine so I can have lovely Barbecues. :)

So today, I will veg out and clear out once the one cocktail haze passes. Cheap date, me. I will also try to eat the aforementioned stew with no carbs. Harrumph!

So how have you all been?

PS. My Desola is back.

5 comments:

Daron said...

Thanks for listing a link to my diet blog!

Roz said...

Kids, don't you just love them! I get the Daily Heartlight readings sent to me via e-mail and this is an extract from one I got recently...

Children are always a source of wonder to me; they see things in such a
different light than we adults. My sister, Janet, shared this following
exchange between her and her 6 year old grandson Mason. They were in
the car going somewhere and Mason and his sister Sarah were talking
about God. Out of the blue Mason said, "Mamaw, What's God's middle
name?" She said she talked with him a while about some of the names
used to describe God in the Bible, but didn't know if she satisfied him
or not.

When she told me about this I immediately thought that she should have
told him it was Andy. Perhaps you've heard the story about the little
boy telling his mama that he knew God's name and that it was "Andy."

His mama asked him, "How do you know God's name is Andy."

The little boy said, "Because that's what it says in the song!" "What
song," she asked.

He replied, "The one we sing at church. It says, 'I come to the garden
alone while the dew is still on the roses. Andy walks with me. Andy
talks with me. Andy tells me I am his own.'"

Well, who can argue with logic like that! (Apologies to C. Austin
Miles, the writer of "I come to the Garden Alone"!)

Sometimes it takes a child to make God personal to us.

Simi Speaks said...

Heya! How have u been?

how is lopes doing with new skool? she did start already right?

Naapali said...

I see you are still recovering from the dim sum haze. I hope lopes is enjoying her school.

KemiMamaLopes said...

@ big daddy. You're welcome. LC rocks
@roz. Love it!
@Simi. All good. School starts in September
@naapali. Carb haze all gone as well as 6kgs :) Lopes starts school in September