Friday 7 March 2008

The last one is gone.



I thought I knew you
I staked my life on many things around you

You were the one termed perfection in making
The last bastion

And yet a very dark cloud overhangs
No tears, no pain, only resolute anger

We mourn the innocence of ignorance
The erstwhile blissful ignorance

But we know now and accept the cessation of life as we knew it.
The last one is gone.



PS. Thank you all for your comments and phone calls. A minor blip that I am told happens from time to time. Clouds have turned into rain and now I think I see a rainbow :) I have my umbrella turned upside down to catch those pennies from heaven.

As my grand daddy used to say: And this too shall pass.

Normal transmission starts soon.

6 comments:

Toksboy said...

This is deep. To what does it concern?

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Hey babe. Whatever it is, please take it easy. This tone is quite disturbing. Are you and Lopes okay? As long as you are, then God dey and things will be well.


NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

Christian Writer said...

You can't just write something like this and leave us hanging! What's happened?

Naapali said...

Well written but I echo those above. I hope you, DH and Lopes are well.

KemiMamaLopes said...

All fine now. Don't you just hate those minor blips that catch you when you are not watching. Got my glasses on now!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Glasses ko, glasses ni! I take it you are fine, eh? Thanks be to God, but kai, no make person fear like that again o!

Kisses to Lopes!


NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...