Monday 12 May 2008

Where was I??


Well, I just had to update for fear that SSD will send me a virtual smack with the missing koboko. Have been "just there". Can't seem to shake off this holding pattern feeling I have. And this too shall pass as Gramps used to day.

Thanks for all my birthday wishes. Had a good time with Lope insisting we had a cake. She was dissapointed that there was no party as she thinks birthday and party are one an the same! Did not eat loads but after 3 days off my diet plan, I hopped on my new toy, A nintendo wii fit and it had the audacity to ask why I had gained so much weight and to pick one reason from the list. I shamefacedly confessed to eating too much. Not my fault as Daddylopes took me out to an Indian restaurant which I have put down as a labour of love as he does not really love Indian food. As an aside, I seem to be slowly fading away. Have so far dropped 11kgs and feeling quite good with myself :) Still a way to go but one step at a time.

So far May has been good. Lovely weather and hot sunshine. We had an impromptu bbq yesterday and I would have put up some pics of the very authentic suya we made, but alas we scoffed the lot. While we were out shopping pre bbq, Lopes and her cousin decided to do some tap dancing in the supermaket in their flip flops. The problem was that they shouted for all to watch their "Lap" dancing. I did assure the viewing public that I had no idea where they got that from.

I finally got round to calling the Intensive driving school to make an appointment as I have to be driving in September when Lopes starts school. I must have a deeper fear than I thought as I was sweating buckets while I was on the phone. God help me. So you all won't say you were not warned, I will be embarking on the intensive driving course starting on the 2nd of June (Ta Ramy). So if you are in North London, stay at home!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you're still about! Good catching up with you last night. Not to worry about driving, if I can do it with my you know what so can you. North London is in no danger. By the way did you mean 2nd of June? 2nd of May has already passed...

KemiMamaLopes said...

@Ramiji. 2nd of June. Have stocked up on the Emergency rescue thing. Might have to down a whole bottle.

Unknown said...

Mama Lopes, Well Done on losing 11KG. Make sure you dont 'catch' it again oh! LOL!!

I'm fine and preparing hard for my 10K on Banki Holiday Monday. On the days, you're going for your intensive training, I'm definitely staying indoors. avent written my will yet. (smile)

Naapali said...

11kg! that is no small feat. Congratulations. Good luck with driving school. Just remember millions of morons drive. If they can so can you (not suggesting you are a moron, but you get the gist)

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

aH, YOU UPDATED! A dupe!!!!

And for the non-Yoruba readers that means Thanks be to God, and has nothing to do with dupes!

lol! And 'lap' dances in the store? lol! Somebody get child protection services. hahahaha!

Happy belated. God will bless and keep you. He will guide you towards all things that are good and keep evil from seeing you. Your family shall in turn be blessed. Amin.

My sister, you nabbed first, again! Come see the tribute to you at the Easier blog.

Ciao.

Simi Speaks said...

Wow. congrats on weight loss.

how have u been? how is lopes?!

KemiMamaLopes said...

@CG Enjoy the 10k. Definitely a good idea to stay at home :)

@Naapali. My middle name is now vanity!! I tell myself about the morons on the road, still sweat loads. Stress induced hyperhydrosis.

@SSD. I have just put another post up. Making up for lost time. I want pressies for coming first so often.

@Simi. We are good. Lopes is currently in the middle of a growth spurt. New clothes, new shoes :))