Saturday 11 October 2008

Hmph!

So......

I know, have been too engrossed in the minutiae of ordinary life and now I am paying for it. School runs, coffee mornings, work, business etc etc. Missed all my blogs I regularly read and comment on but promise to make amends very soon.

Driving is still fun. I have driven up and down the M1 a couple of times on my own as Lopes tends to chatter and might be a tad distracting. Had great fun. Oh, have also reversed into a stationery junk truck, but thankfully not on the motorway. Slight prang in the rear of the car but the junk truck escaped unscathed. I have been told to expect a couple more prangs. Will be installing the gadget that beeps to warn of impending bumps. Already have a speed camera one as I am still a bit speedy. Wonder why I am always in a hurry!

All this talk about the credit crunch is worrying but in my house has been cause for amusement. Lopes brought down a box of cereal and renamed it credit crunch. This was after some friends and I were talking about it last night and I said in a positive confession, "We do not have credit crunch in this house" My daughter sought to prove me wrong :)

Overall mood for me is general disenchantment. A bit peeved at the mo with things happening around me and hoping the legendary Kemi Snap does not appear. It is never pretty and has only happened once before. Hmm. Sounds ominous eh?

Back to driving. Off again on aforementioned motorway with Lopes this time. Wish me luck.

So any gist for me? How have you all been? Calabar gal has upped and left.

3 comments:

Naapali said...

Glad the driving is going well. I guess if you mix the credit crunch with kemi snap, you will get credit snap, yet another cereal for Lopes

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Mama Lopes is a driver! How you dey?

Unknown said...

Woohooo!! Did u get the licence?

Well, I was excited until Ii got to the last paragraph. What do u mean Calabar Gal has upped and left? I'm still here!!!!!!!! LOL!!