Sunday 27 January 2008

Mum, let's pray to Jesus


A few days ago, I was looking for Lopes' special cream for her dry skin. She had been using it as a microphone while singing her favourite song:






Anyway, we could not find it and asked her what we should do. She said, "Let's pray to Jesus, so he can help us find it. So we did. We also prayed about her schools. So far, 3 assessments, 1 yes, 1 no and 1 pending.

Now, my friend, Omara gave Lopes a book called A heart for Jesus and since then the questions have started. Lopes in Green. MamaLopes in Blue

Where is Jesus? He is in your heart

Is he eating my food there? No

I have called Jesus and he has not come. Is he pretending? This was accompanied with a big frown.

Is Jesus running in my heart when I am running?

And the questions keep coming and I ran out of answers. Answers on a postcard please.

Lopes and I have made tooooo many cupcakes this year. Not a good idea. Have also resurrected my puff puff recipe. Oh dear. I can see I have my work cut out diet wise this year.

Lopes has settled in nicely at her new nursery and will soon win them over to her kissing bandit ways. They are a lot less cuddly and warm than the previous nursery staff but I am sure we will get there.

8 comments:

Naapali said...

I have no answers to write on a postcard. I thank you for the gift of the smile that played on my lips as I read your post. I see Lopes growing to be one special woman thanks to all the love and guidance she gets from you and yours.

Simi Speaks said...

Your kid sounds so adorable!! glad to hear she's doing well at her nursery..

cupcakes, huh? so that's what i have to look forward to! ah, cant wait!!

Andrew F. Alalade said...

KML, well done ooooh! Anyway, you were spot-on sha! Eeee no easy! My regards to Lopes.

Christian Writer said...

Mama Lopes! O ga! About the cupcakes, well, you made them so you have a right to eat them. And in the morning, you'll look at your thighs and say, 'at least I enjoyed the cupcakes.' Not so? Hee. Hee

Unknown said...

You sure are in for a lot of questioning. LOL!!

@Christian Writer: Well said! LOL!!

Anu boy said...

that is so cute and cool, nice kid, eager to know about the lord...

lovely...

nice blog you have got here

KemiMamaLopes said...

@naapali. Thank you. I thank God when I think of/see Lopes. She never fails to amaze me. Now go and finish the story on your blog :)

@simi. Enjoy each stage. Have found the easiest cupcake recipe. Amazing.

@andy. You never update o. Abi you don't have time for us.

@cw. Might add the cupcakes to my Lent list. will still make them but won't eat them. Yeah right!

@CG. Will send you my ever increasing list of questions. How now?

@anu. Thanks for stopping by.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

It is so nice that she is a praying & kissing bandit! lol!

What a sweet post!

And I need the puff puff recipe...