Friday 26 January 2007

The end of the week

A strange week... Started off in WW3 with the husband and we did make up after he apologised. I did savour the moment as it was the first time he has ever apologised :) So we made up but things have to change. There is a lot I need to sort out about myself, I do feel that I invested a lot of my time in studying and hoping to build a career and not sure if I feel fulfilled enough. Not really fair to give my husband 100% of the blame. So my voyage of self re-discovery starts now.

I have started looking around for my provisional driving license so I can start lessons, you are so lucky in blogsville as I will share all the nail biting details on the driving lessons with you. You just need to stay off the roads in North London on a Tuesday/Thursday. I have also chilled out a lot as there are some things I realise I need to let go and let God and have designated 2007 my stress free year.

Talking about stress free, my father in law arrived from Nigeria today and will be staying with us for 3 months. Yikes! All I can say is God loves a cheerful giver so I am looking for reasons to be cheerful if there are any going. Send me good vibes, please.

I decided not to have any resolutions this year and I never start at the very beginning of the year for the same reason that I do not start a diet or exercise regime on a Monday.

So,my goals this year are:


To seek God and to get back to where I used to be. God has not heard from the real me in a while.

To exercise more and eat less so I can lose weight. Quick fixes don’t work, slow and steady. A tummy tuck is an option though. Will wait till after second child.

To make an effort. Wearing baggy t-shirts and track bottoms and smelling of fried stew is not a turn on. Hmm. Might never fry Dodo again. Is it decadent to order fried dodo or how do I fry it without the smell??

To make sure all the DIY is finished at home. We have been living here for 3 years now. Might have to hire somebody. DH is good but takes his time.

To have more sex with my husband and to want to. Fatigue is a state of mind. I hear zinc is good for improving ones sex drive. Might have to overdose initially!

To use my time more effectively. Put some sort of structure in place

To increase my earning potential by growing the business and working more hours in my part time job.

To get pregnant. About time too. Will be 36 when the child is born if everything goes to plan but I must learn how to drive and lose some weight before I get pregnant. Need motivation.

To read more and listen to more of my odd music as my husband calls it. The Carpenters, Van the Man (Morrison), Cat Stevens, Take That, Andrea Bocelli and to discover new odd musicians. Running out of music from the old ones.

Enjoy the weekend. Tomorrow, we will be traipsing around Ikea, putting up a shed in the back garden and trying to declutter. Considering hiring a skip so I can get rid of all the baggage and garbage I have been lugging around for years.

10 comments:

Omara said...

Carpenters! Do you have the song "Why do birds suddenly appear... everytime you are near... just like me, they want to be, close to you..."? I LOVE love love that song.

naijabelle said...

Its all achieveable when u are dedicated. Am glad you and your hubby sorted things out. Enjoy ur weekend too.

naijabelle said...

and also, you are my namesake.hehehehehe!!!

naijabelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KemiMamaLopes said...

@omara. Will have a root round for the CD. Never have time to really listen to music as I would like. Home alone and the player on. Alas. Might have to settle for headphones and music downloaded to phone.

@londonnaijachic. Having a swell weekend so far. Namesake eh. You owe me some money then :)

Favoured Girl said...

Hello, first time on your blog! Nice blog. Keep writing and I'll definitely be back.

KemiMamaLopes said...

@Favoured Girl. Thanks for dropping by. Hope to see you soon. KK

KemiMamaLopes said...

@Favoured Girl. Just went back to your blog. I did read loads from your blog last week but as usual never comment. Will change my ways :)

Remi Fagbohun said...

Pele Kemi...
I know what the fatigue is like...got to push it away as it will push them (hubby)away as they dont get it!!
I feel your pain though, times are rough on us women , wanting it all and we really are truly supposed to be superwomen(yikes). Tap that inner woman, she is in there, trust me...I can loan you mine :)
Great blog!

lolaojiks said...

Just visiting your blog for the first time and you are so honest and straightforward..

keep on keeping it real