Sunday 28 January 2007

Cooking is a four letter word, at least for now

I love cooking or should I say I used to love cooking. I loved cooking when I had enough time to pick the right ingredients and no distractions when I was in the kitchen all day. Now I burn rice, yup. That has destroyed a few of my pots and so I am bringing the rice cooker I was given as gift out of the loft. Friends hated cooking for me even when I was pregnant because they said I cooked so well and theirs was not up to scratch. Utter tosh, they were just being lazy :)

I am admitting defeat and ordering food enmasse from a new caterer recommended by my friend Omara. I could never order food except for parties etc and thought it decadent to order food for home from the caterer. I would order Dodo if I could because I absolutely hate frying the stuff. Just finished dinner and felt good to just make the eba and serve it with the stew from the caterer.

Will be posting a few of my recipes here in case I ever forget how to cook!

Off to bed. Must be old age. Going to bed at 9.30. Yikes or as my daughter said when we hit a rough patch on the road in Lagos, Yeepa. Not sure where she got that from :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So lunch is at your's then...

suburbannaijamom said...

can't wait till u start dishing out ur receipes. i do have a little dilema though. love our country food n thats what i grew up on n learnt. my husband is american, he like some of it but not all. n he's not used to that ikoko obe stuff. u know cook a pot of stew for a couple of dyas n just interchange what u eat it with. so what ends up happening is i cook s pot of stew, he eats soem of it the very ist day its made n never toughes the rest again. its always a one time thing so i end up eating the rest of it my self. its discouraging so i don't even bother wiv naija food now on the other hand, since i am not so used to making american dihes, the few i do well i make n then i am stuck. don't know what else to wip up. n it doesn't help that he is very picky. am tired of spahetti n meat balls, n the likes. just endup ordering.