Thursday 8 February 2007

Snow everywhere, good to look at but .....


it makes a right mess in London.

DH got Tolu to nursery just before 11am, I know it starts at 8am, and was told that due to them being short staffed, they could not take her. Now, why was I not called at the crack at dawn to warn me that my freedom day was cancelled this week? You see, I work on all the other days Tolu goes to nursery and this is the only day I am at home when she is at nursery. So you can understand my fury when DH called from nursery to say they could not take her.

I sensed the calm in his voice, which is a perfect complement to the storm that is his wife, me. I asked to speak to the lady who was there and the first thing she does was not to apologise but to say that there was nothing they could do. Well, red rag to a bull. I went off on my well known tirade that starts off with a polite reminder that nothing I am about to say is personal but I intend to shout.

Well I got my apology and nothing else, but a letter will be winging it's way to their office on Monday when I have had a chance to review the hastily written one that I am sure is libellous and includes death threats.

So, I had my daughter at home today and she really wanted to build a snowman. Snowman ko, I wanted to stay indoors with a good book, I have about 6 to read, and a hot chocolate complete with marshmallows. So we compromised and went outside, threw a few snowballs at imaginary bumblebees and spiders which she hates and came back in. I meant to take some photos but forgot the camera indoors and it was too cold to dawdle.

I also learnt a novel way to get her to eat some potatoes with her chicken. I reminded her that she loves crisps and they are made of potatoes. That worked for about 3 mouthfuls and the novelty wore off. Any ideas for broccoli and other veggie will be gratefully received.

So now, off to make some dinner and lament the loss of another freedom day. Roll on next week.

6 comments:

JD said...

Well I got a bollocking from DH for taking his son out in the cold. Got some nice pics including the one with him sticking his tongue out at me. Like father like son.

Anonymous said...

what does DH stand for?? dear hubby?

KemiMamaLopes said...

@ JD. Snow for me = home. Not keen on sliding down a path on my bottom

@Anon. DH = Dear Husband/Hubby. Thanks for dropping in

Christian Writer said...

Always refreshing to hear from you.

naijabelle said...

UPDATE!!!!

Unknown said...

I loved the snow and enjoyed playing in the snow and yes - I built my very own snowman. LOL!!

Sorry, cant give u any tips on how to persuade her to eat her vegs. If I voiced what I have in mind, I'm sure you'll scream out loud in dismay. LOL!!