Tuesday 9 October 2007

Can I have my blogging job back please

Not fair, used to blog a bit more frequently than this and even managed to read a few blogs. Now all I do is read blogs on my phone and silly T Mobile content lock stops me from leaving comments. Long time again!! I am sure you are tired of that phrase.

So what have I been up to?

Well Mama Kemi came for her surgery. All went well, we thank God. They are going back home this week :))

Lopylicious, aka Lopes has been doing well. We are getting her ready for 4+ assessments to start school next September, I am sure my friends are thinking of leaving the country. We had one assessment this morning and my dream last night went thus....

My sister was taking us to the assessment which happened to be in my Old School, Maryhill in Ibadan. (The assessment is for a school in North London) She then decided to take the scenic route and we ended up in Spain at the running of the bulls by which time my sister had disappeared and I was left with her 2 daughters and Lopes. The we realised we were lost and needed to get to the 11am appointment. It was 10.52am and our driver, Mr Basiru who incidentally has been with us since I was 3 years old, turned up to take us to the appointment. We then realised that we were in Peckham and had 8 minutes to get to the school. I phone DH in tears and then woke up. Someone please interpret and tell me I am not mad yet but only slowly getting there!! No I have not been to Spain or Peckham!

I am back on the weight loss band wagon. Have a wager to lose a stone and trying to get there. Was going to get a Nintendo wii and use that for exercise but I left that too late. None in the shops. Even have an online stock checker checking as we speak. Missed one from an online shop today. Will have to settle for old fashioned jumping up and down in an inelegant fashion.

Apart from that, all well at home. Dh is great, Work is boring, need to leave but looking to get serious in January after all Lopes assessments are over.

So how have you all been? Form an orderly line to leave your comments. Would be surprised if I get one. Go on, you know you want to :)

5 comments:

Roz said...

Welcome back to blogging (says she who has hardly been blogging herself!)

Wishing Lopes (and her Mummy and Daddy) all the very best with the assessments.

As for your dream - that is all down to stress my dear! Please chill, let go and let GOD.

Will call you later on in the month to finalise stuff about cake.

Take care (and lots of Chamomile tea!)

Nonesuch said...

welcome back. About your dream hhmm let me see...(making some starnge noise and rolling my eyes) i think you are just anxious about the assessment which is normal considering you will want Lopes to do well and you never know with children how it will go till you get there.

Just take it easy and Chamomile tea does help that is if you are a tea lover. lets know how the assessment goes. All the best.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

What? An update? Am I dreaming? I come here all the time and still see my last 2 comments....

lol. Welcome back and I thank God for the blessings in your life, my sister.

Keep us up to date on Lopes!

KemiMamaLopes said...

@Roz. Hello you. Cake design seems to be in the process of changing! Will keep you posted.

@Nonesuch. Thanks for dropping by and the intepretation. Chamomile tea in mug as I type. Still awaiting results.

@Solomonsydelle. Have gone one better and put up 2 posts today! Will update again once the letter arrives. Gos is faithful

Unknown said...

Nintendo Wii for exercise?!!?!!?!?

Well, good luck as u exercise. (I still have this vision in my head of all those people who were boxing (playing the boxing game on their wii) and the remote became stuck in the frame of the tv from the veracity of their arm movements and stuff. May it not be ur portion. LOL!!

Nice to know Lopes has a place at
school.