Friday 23 November 2007

Friday Cooking Session


Welcome to Mum and Lopes' Cooking Session.

As promised we baked some cookies and we were supposed to make Chicken Mede Med. Last night, Lopes had dinner at nursery, came home and had 6 crackers with Lemon curd, some breadsticks and cheese and the decided to eat some of her Dad's Eba with Okra Ogbono. She picked out all the prawns and decided that instead of Chicken Mede Med, we should have Prawns Mede Med. All that food and she is still skinny. I was like that. Sigh

So we decided to make, Beef Mede Med, Chicken Mede Med, and Prawn Mede Med and then have it with Tortillas, Salsa, Sour Cream and Guacamole. Lopes and her Dad will only have the meaty bits with Tortillas and Salsa and I will be left with the all that and Sour Cream and Guacamole :)

While I was slicing the beef strips, Lopes asked what it was and I said it was Beef from the cow. She assumed that I bought the beef from a cow and mentioned that he can't have been too happy to sell me the beef. If only she knew!!

Got away without putting on the telly today in line with our no TV Friday. Put on the radio so we danced in the kitchen. Lopes fancies herself as a singer! Her take on Johnathan Butler's song, He reigns. JB Sings "He is the Lord out God and he reigns forever". Lopes' rendition: "He is the Lord wide gard-en reigns forever Lore". Videoed it on my phone, but it's too big to upload. Will work it out one day.

Well, pictures as promised. Took them on the camera and uploaded them via Flickr. Hope it's a bit clear. Have a great weekend. Tomorrow I will be sleeping in all day while making sure I have all the bits for Lopes' Party a week on Sunday. Ah, scrap that, I am going out to visit 2 friends and hope that in the house of the second friend, we will order a take away and have drinkies :)



Little Chef Lopes mixing away and wondering when she can have a taste


Our Biccies, almost all gone now due to my stringent quality control measures!


Our Mede Med Medley. Enough said




Glossary
Mede Med = Whatever you want to make and don't have a name for. It originated during Tolu's restaurant games. She plays a waiter and comes to take the order and I always ordered Chicken Mede Med!

6 comments:

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

chicken mede med is my older daughters fav food but I do mine with fahitas yummy.ps please recommend me a spa :>

Roz said...

...it all looks soooo yummy and espcially the biscuits!

Tell Lopes "well done" from one of the many aunties! Loved the bit about getting beef from the cow - hearing stuff like that from kids is - PRICELESS!

Jennifer A. said...

hmmmm...those cookies look scrumptious...(lover of cookies in da house...lol). :)

Lovely blog!

Naapali said...

Beloved and our elder daughter, Love bake together, it takes twice as long and leaves a mess but I am sure the bonding more than makes up.
I have enjoyed your fresh, bright, style of writing. I also agree you should get a cheque from Nintendo 'cos now I feel like going to get a Wii, though the BluRay and wireless capabilities of the PS3 still have me leaning that way.
Thanks for stopping by mine, I hope u visit more often.

KemiMamaLopes said...

@mandy. Thanks for stopping by. I see chicken Mede med is a dish for discerning palates! Alas not in Lagos so have no ideas about spas there! Come to London.
@roz. Was yummy. Should not have eaten so many.
@jaycee. Thanks for stopping by. Might be making some more. Might even send you some!
@naapali. I am sure their cookies taste twice as nice. Thanks for stopping by

Unknown said...

YUM, YUM, YUM!!! LOL!!