Wednesday 7 November 2007

No television. Lots of baking

I have been trying to scale down the amount of television Lopes watches and realised that the television was usually for my benefit and not hers.

So I have designated our Fridays, the only day we spend at home together, a television free day. Woke up early and and jumped around with the wii for about half an hour. We had a leisurely lie in and breakfast and then did some reading.

The book we were reading had a hen baking jam tarts so I decided that baking jam tarts would be a great idea. So 12 jam tarts later, we decided to make some strawberry cup cakes and then I roasted some chicken. So which one did I eat, in light of my low carb diet? 2 Jam tarts :( Not pleased at all but at least I can say I make a mean shortcrust pastry. Nice and light with just the right amount of stodginess!

By 4.30, Lopes had not once asked for the television. Must be because all she was thinking about the sleepover at her favourite cousin's house. Was home alone as DH went out. I sulked a bit but realised I could soak in the bath with a diet coke and brandy which is all low carb.

I hope you all had a great weekend. Got a consignment of assorted meat stew from the caterer. Ahh, if only I could have some Dodo(fried plantain)

PS. TN, get off my blog :)) Or else....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

you are an incredible mom! Lopes will be so much better for the no tv and baking with mommy must be fun!

As for cheating on your diet, the truth is that in this sweet life, we must indulge ourselves sometimes. So, don't worry about it, just continue to work it with the wii and eat a healthy as you can.

You have me thinking that I need to soak, but TK, TE and Bomboy filled my whirlpool tub with water and their bathtub toys. They also made me promise to let their 'babies' play without interference or interruption.

What's a girl to do?

Later!

Nonesuch said...

Hhum Baking with ur daugther brings back good memories of baking with my mum and sista back in the days. My mum made a mean orange marmalade and we will fill up all the glass jar and send some out to friends.I cant even remember the receipe i should give her a call.

anevisa said...

Baking with your daughter..hmn!

I am actually looking forward to the joys of motherhood judging your experience and that of solomonsydelle.

***If my first child is a boy can i bake with him***