Monday 26 November 2007

Out of my comfort zone


It has often been said, by those who know me, that I love being in control. They are right, I do. I hate not knowing what is going on, hate surprises, basically hate not to be in charge of what is going on around me. I have been learning to let go but seem to go back to the bad old days more than I would care to mention.

So why I am so happy today? Search me, I should be in the pits now but have this serene calm and a stupid smile on my face.

Current Scenario
Lopes' nursery group went into administration and the individual nurseries were being sold off. An offer was made for the one we attend but the buyer pulled out, so if no buyer is found by Wednesday, the nursery will close for the final time on Friday.

The other nursery I considered moving her to only has space on Mondays and Fridays for now and on 3 days a week from February which is when I want her to go full time.

I only just decided to go back to work full time contracting and have been applying so this childcare blip could not have come at a worse time.

From Desiderata by Max Ehrmann. The best line for me in this situation is the opening line: "Go placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence."

I view this as the storm before the calm. It's going to be fun. Then again, it might just mean Lopes and I get to stay at home 24/7 making biscuits. Place your orders now!

5 comments:

Naapali said...

In your motion, be still. Lines I picked up from a book about the Japanese art of sword fighting, Kendo. Your opening line reminded me of it. When we face challenges with childcare I remember all the juggling my mother went through for us and how that is now a distant memory. Like your grandfather ZMN would have said "this too shall pass".

Unknown said...

Be still girl. Tell God what u want and I'm sure he'll make a way for her childcare to be sorted out.

Go easy on the biscuits. (as if I am) I devoured hobnobs with relish over the weekend. LOL!!

anevisa said...

I hereby order for a year, all the biscuits you get to bake with lopes...to be tasted...for free, right?

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

i have a preference for macademia nut cookies. Make them with chocolate chips please. Ooh, sinfully delicious!!!

Pele my dear, something will work out for the best. It always does, you know...

God dey

KemiMamaLopes said...

@naapali. Thanks for reminding me about ZNM's words. I wish he also said not to eat copious amounts of chocolate in times of stress!
@CG Thanks. I am sure I am in a holding pattern at the moment. Will land soon. Hobnobs, hmm, will add to my shopping list
@simplynuttie. Free biscuits will be made today. You can have the pics :)
@solomonsydelle. Macadamia nut cookies with chocolate chips coming right up. No nursery from today so will make loads of cookies